Homework – 1/13/22
- Study for Science Test on Tuesday (on Matter).
- Study Grammar Test on blended words on Friday.
- Study for Math Test on Thursday (Graphs).
- Study for a Grammar Test on verbs (action and present tense) next week Friday.
- No School tomorrow.
- No School on Monday, we return to school on Tuesday.
Have a good weekend everyone!
Tomorrow, January 7, 2022, our academy will be doing remote instruction for this day ONLY.
As there is an 80% chance the snow is to begin at 3 am Friday morning making it dangerous to walk and travel with the children. Therefore, to keep the children, and you, safe, I have decided to use this very special resource of Remote Instruction for the day.
We will be following the usual schedule for First Friday. Therefore, classes will begin at 8:30 am and end at 12:30 pm, unless instructed differently by their teacher. Your child’s teacher is posting on their homework page all instructions, as well as review this process with your child/children. The children are already familiar with this process.
Also, the following must be followed:
- Students must have their cameras on in order for the teacher to see they are participating and be able to mark them present.
- Students will follow the full day with the class. Classes end at 12:30 pm.
- Students will receive their devices to take home and all needed books. (Please we do not have any extra. Make sure that your child takes good care of their device because if they are broken, we have no more to give out.)
- In order to reinforce to the children that this is a regular day of school, they must be in uniform. (In the past, some children felt that being in bed with pajamas on was an appropriate way to attend a remote lesson. We want them to know that this is not the demeanor to do schoolwork.)
Classes resume on Monday, January 10, 2022, for in-person instruction. As always, do not send your child to school if they are sick.
I pray you remain safe.
God bless you and your children,
Welcome all to another New Year!
- Friday is 12:30 dismissal.
- Math – Test on Addends will be this Wednesday, 1/5.
- Religion – Advent outline given to students. Test on Monday, 1/10. Answers are in your religion notebook and in your religion textbook on I believe pgs. 155-160 and Christ in Us pg. 233.
- ELA Grammar pg. 67
- ELA Your turn book pg. 93
- Math pg. 57
May this year bring all of you healthy and prosperity.
Happy and Healthy New Year to you, your dear children, and families. Thank you for your cards, wonderful, kind words and gifts and well wishes for me and my family. May our Lord bless you abundantly with what you need. This is my prayer for you and your families for this new year.
As we pray that this pandemic would soon come to an end, unfortunately, the Omicron strand has invaded our world, and we must be as vigilant as possible to keep our children safe and every one we come in contact with. Therefore, as has been stressed the past two years and always, it is of the upmost importance that IF YOU CHILD IS ILL IN ANY WAY, HE/SHE MUST NOT COME TO SCHOOL.
Please follow the following in order to keep all students and faculty safe:
- STAY HOME IF YOU ARE SICK.
- DO NOT COME TO SCHOOL IF YOU OR A HOUSEHOLD FAMILY MEMBER HAS PENDING COVID TEST RESULTS.
- FOLLOW THE COVID SAFETY AND HEALTH PROTOCOLS INSTRUCTED TO YOU BY YOUR CHILD’S HOMEROOM TEACHER.
- CONSULT YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER REGARDING COVID TESTING AND VACCINES.
- IN SCHOOL, STUDENTS MUST COME IN WITH THE DAILY HEALTH SCREENING FORM OR THEY WILL BE SENT HOME.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING MUST BE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES, 3 FT MINIMUM FOR CLASSROOMS, 6 FT ALL OTHER AREAS OF THE BUILDING.
- FACE COVERINGS AT ALL TIMES. ALSO, MEDICAL MASKS WORK BETTER WITH THIS STRAND RATHER THAN CLOTH MASKS.
- WE HAVE, AS ALWAYS SINCE COVID STARTED, A LIMITED VISITOR POLICY.
- PLEASE REPORT TO US IMMEDIATELY POSITIVE CASES.
- STUDENTS WHO CANNOT BE IN SCHOOL DUE TO COVID WILL REMAIN CONNECTED TO THE DAY’S LESSONS THROUGH REMOTE INSTRUCTION IF THEY ARE WELL ENOUGH TO ATTEND. IF THEY REMAIN IN CLASS THROUGH REMOTE INSTRUCTION, THEY WILL NOT BE MARKED ABSENT. THIS IS POSSIBLE FOR ONLY COVID RELATED CASES.
Thank you for your cooperation which is most important at this time for all of us.
May our Lord bless and watch over all of us.
Mrs. Frances DeLuca