Happy Valentines Day!
ELA phonics packet due upon return Monday, Feb. 24th
Math multiplication table sheets done in class today. Practice your times tables, especially the tables you still maybe weak on.
Math multiplication quiz on all the times table on Feb. 24th.
Enjoy your winter break!!!!!
ELA Grammar Workshop book pg 123 Level D
S.S. based on the youtube presentation in class https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3utCntXrPo The history of the Statue Liberty answer the following questions:
- Where did the Statue of Liberty originally come from?
- What was the statue originally made of?
- Why does the Statue of Liberty represent an important symbol for most immigrants coming into the U.S.?
- Have you ever visited the Statue of Liberty? Describe your experience. What was your experience like?
- In what day and year was the Declaration of Independence signed? What was the french purpose for the gift? What was it to commemorate?
- Study for the oratorical “Time” oral test tomorrow.
- Study for Science test on Wednesday A69-A75.
- Participate in the Read-a-thon.
- Wear red on Friday Valentine Day $2.00
- Have a good day
Math workbook soft covered page: 140
Science: Pg. B16 – B17 Food Chain – Bring in on Wednesday pictures of animals to create the food chain along with a medium size poster board.
Answer the following question:
- How do animals compete with one another for survival in an ecosystem?
- What is the difference between a producer and a consumer?
- How does the food web show the relationship of several organisms that depend upon each other for survival?
- What is the difference between a Food Chain and a Food Web?
Science test on Vertebrate and Non-Vertebrate next week Wednesday. A69-A75
ELA Finish your summaries of scholastic news (Pompeii) to be handed in on loose leaf paper.
Friday is the first Friday of the month the children will be dismissed at 12:30. Afterschool will be available.