- Zoom Parent/Teacher meeting starts at 7:00 p.m. with Mrs. Deluca
- Religion – In what ways does the church carry out the Sacred Tradition? (provide examples)
- Study for Spelling Test on Friday (words are found on pages 20-21 of the wonders reading/writing textbook)
- Science Project due on Monday 9/28 Textbook Quick Lab pg. A19
- Science answer questions 1-4 on page A21
- Science First test next Wednesday, September 28 Chapter 1 lessons 1-2 page. A6-A20
- No School tomorrow. Return to school on Friday.
- Home School Parent/Teacher meeting Wednesday, Sept. 23rd begins at 7:00 p.m with Mrs. DeLuca followed by me at 7:30 p.m. Information is posted on Google Classroom Homeroom site and will appear this evening on Classdojo.
- Social Studies create your own grid map of your community include your map key. Example found on S.S. pg. H12.
- Math softcover my class page 5 – Remote learning class page 6
- Study for Grammar Test tomorrow.
- ELA answer the following questions on the Story of the Dream Catcher
- Although the stories can be made up, it could happen in real life. Describe possible reasons why the dream catcher can be real and why?
- What is said to be the purpose of the Dream Catcher?
- Ms. Medina demonstrated to you in class a Dream Catcher, the feathers are believed to be a symbol of what?
- NO school on Thursday, due to Teachers Professional Retreat.
Have a blessed day! Stay safe.
- ELA Reading/Writing Wonders wkbk Answer the following questions from pgs. 38-43
What can traditions teach you about cultures?
When Peter saw for the first time the Dream Catcher how did he feel? Provide description of his reaction and feeling.
What do the symbols of The Dream Catcher mean?
- Religion – Answer questions on page. 27 of Religion Book.
- Bring in 4 beans tomorrow, in a zip lock bag write your name on the bag,
- Bring in pictures of people who you see demonstrating Christ like qualities.
- Home-Academy meeting – Wednesday, 9/23 at 7:00 p.m.- Mrs. DeLuca will have a Zoom presentation for the parents before Meet-the-teacher night. The information for this was sent to parents on Google classroom Homeroom. Then, the meeting with the teachers will be virtual through Zoom, and it will start at 7:30 p.m. The login will also be sent through Class Dojo later today.
- No school on Thursday, 9/24- it is a professional day for teachers.
- Bring a snack every day; water and a snack.
- Every student must submit a Heath Screening form every day.
Have a blessed day!!
This applies only to those students who are doing only remote learning via St. Thomas Program.
Description: Good Morning, Based on the new information put forth in the letter from the superintendent regarding pushing back the start of the program to 9/28, STADLP Orientation Day Two materials and Friday teacher meetings will also be pushed back. This adjustment ensures all families are fully set up in all systems and that students have the necessary materials and devices to proceed. Day Two information will include detailed instructions on getting into Google Classroom and Realize accounts. This information will be forthcoming. Thank you.
Start Date: 09-17-2020
End Date: 09-21-2020
From: Manuela Adsuar-Pizzi
- Study for spelling test on Friday, September 25th
- Study for Grammar assessment on Wednesday, September 23rd on types of sentences (statement, exclamation, question)
- Google classroom – Children were provided by Coach Patrick their codes to enter into their health class for 3rd grade. Please have your child join.
- Mrs. Mroz has also provided the children with her code for the 3rd grade to join on google classroom.
- First Holy Communion, friendly reminder if your child will be receiving their first Holy Communion tomorrow they will need to arrive at 12:15 tomorrow at the church to practice ahead.
Thank you and have a good weekend.
- Children who will be making their First Holy Communion this Saturday please arrive at the church by 12:15 for preparation. Mass begins at 1:00 p.m
- Math textbook pg. 31 problems 14-22 girls odd numbers and boys even numbers
- ELA Textbook pg. 28 Level A
- Spelling words – write the following spelling words in ABC order
Concentrate, ached, discovery, educated, effort, improved, inspired, satisfied, observation, hypothesis, experiment, germs, covenant
5. If you have not sent me your emergency home contact cards please send them to me as soon possible. Thank you.
6. Please have your child practice google classroom by sending me a message through their google classroom I have only 8 children only active. Thank you.
Have a blessed evening
- Math softcover workbook pg. 4
- ELA Reading Bruno’s New Home (found in Wonders book pg. 22) answer the questions below (if your child has left the book by accident) click on the link below.
– What is the genre of the story?
– Who are the main characters in the story?
– What is the problem in the story?
– What happened when Bruno found a cave?
– What kind of animal offered to help Bruno?
3. Science create a pg. A10-A11 create a venn diagram comparing the two different types of cells found on page A10 – A11. What do they have different? What do the have in common? To help I have also included on there google classroom a video on the plant and animals cells.
Have a blessed day.
- ELA – Blue textbook pg. 23 level B. Finish your I am Unique if you did not get to finish it today.
- S.S. Textbook write definitions of Vocabulary words, pgs. H9-H10. Log into your google classroom social studies page. View the geographical sites on the video “This Land is my Land” and name the geographical sites you found.
- Math – Softcover book page 1
- Please fill in and return the emergency cards requested.
- Friendly reminder to bring in with your child each day your health sign in form each morning.
Have a safe and blessed day!
1. Fill out emergency contact card handed out and return.
2. Religion textbook – answer activity questions on pg. 20-21
3. Math – Hard cover book page 30 problems 1-4 only
4, Science textbook pg. A13 Think & Write questions 1, 2, 3 and 5 only.
Friendly reminder please submit Covid health questionnaire form with your child each day. The form most be filled in And returned each day with your child in order to permit them in class.
Have a blessed day,
The following information has been sent today to us regarding the Diocese’s virtual learning program.
September 2, 2020
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Congratulations, your child has been accepted into the Saint Thomas Aquinas Distance
Learning Program. We are excited about the incredible response received to this new
initiative and are looking forward to the beginning of the new school year. As servants of the
Lord, we are called to answer the needs of his people in 2020, that means virtual learning.
Information pertaining to the pick-up of student devices and other materials will be
forthcoming. We are currently arranging the logistics and locations aligned with safety
precautions regarding the distribution of materials. We are also in the process of finalizing
faculty and student schedules for the instructional program – families can look forward to
hearing from your child’s teachers soon.
In the days ahead, we will be sending out more information regarding your child’s online
learning accounts and your parent portal information; please keep checking your email.
Additionally, you may visit the website: https://stthomasaquinasbq.org/ and the FAQ page
regarding details on some of the many questions that have been received. Please check the
site regularly, as important updates and new information will be shared, as we approach the
first day of school.
The distance learning program orientation schedule will begin on September 16th, and
continue through September 18th, with the first full day of instruction to take place on
Saint Thomas Aquinas, pray for us and bless our new instructional program.
Thomas Chadzutko, Ed.D.
Superintendent ~ Catholic School Support Services