Due to the snowstorm we will be having remote learning for January 7,2022.
The students are to be online in our Google Classrooms.
5-1 will go to Mrs. Guerrero’s class in the 8:00 to 10:30 time period. Then join Mrs. Smolenski from 10:30 to 12:30.
5-2 will go to Mrs. Smolenski from 8:00 to 10:30 then to Mrs. Guerrero from 10:30 to 12:30.
They will use the Google Meet passcodes.
They must appear in uniform with their cameras on at all times. If not, they will not be admitted to class and marked absent.
Tomorrow, January 7, 2022, our academy will be doing remote instruction for this day ONLY.
As there is an 80% chance the snow is to begin at 3 am Friday morning making it dangerous to walk and travel with the children. Therefore, to keep the children, and you, safe, I have decided to use this very special resource of Remote Instruction for the day.
We will be following the usual schedule for First Friday. Therefore, classes will begin at 8:30 am and end at 12:30 pm, unless instructed differently by their teacher. Your child’s teacher is posting on their homework page all instructions, as well as review this process with your child/children. The children are already familiar with this process.
Also, the following must be followed:
- Students must have their cameras on in order for the teacher to see they are participating and be able to mark them present.
- Students will follow the full day with the class. Classes end at 12:30 pm.
- Students will receive their devices to take home and all needed books. (Please we do not have any extra. Make sure that your child takes good care of their device because if they are broken, we have no more to give out.)
- In order to reinforce to the children that this is a regular day of school, they must be in uniform. (In the past, some children felt that being in bed with pajamas on was an appropriate way to attend a remote lesson. We want them to know that this is not the demeanor to do schoolwork.)
Classes resume on Monday, January 10, 2022, for in-person instruction. As always, do not send your child to school if they are sick.
I pray you remain safe.
God bless you and your children,
Happy and Healthy New Year to you, your dear children, and families. Thank you for your cards, wonderful, kind words and gifts and well wishes for me and my family. May our Lord bless you abundantly with what you need. This is my prayer for you and your families for this new year.
As we pray that this pandemic would soon come to an end, unfortunately, the Omicron strand has invaded our world, and we must be as vigilant as possible to keep our children safe and every one we come in contact with. Therefore, as has been stressed the past two years and always, it is of the upmost importance that IF YOU CHILD IS ILL IN ANY WAY, HE/SHE MUST NOT COME TO SCHOOL.
Please follow the following in order to keep all students and faculty safe:
- STAY HOME IF YOU ARE SICK.
- DO NOT COME TO SCHOOL IF YOU OR A HOUSEHOLD FAMILY MEMBER HAS PENDING COVID TEST RESULTS.
- FOLLOW THE COVID SAFETY AND HEALTH PROTOCOLS INSTRUCTED TO YOU BY YOUR CHILD’S HOMEROOM TEACHER.
- CONSULT YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER REGARDING COVID TESTING AND VACCINES.
- IN SCHOOL, STUDENTS MUST COME IN WITH THE DAILY HEALTH SCREENING FORM OR THEY WILL BE SENT HOME.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING MUST BE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES, 3 FT MINIMUM FOR CLASSROOMS, 6 FT ALL OTHER AREAS OF THE BUILDING.
- FACE COVERINGS AT ALL TIMES. ALSO, MEDICAL MASKS WORK BETTER WITH THIS STRAND RATHER THAN CLOTH MASKS.
- WE HAVE, AS ALWAYS SINCE COVID STARTED, A LIMITED VISITOR POLICY.
- PLEASE REPORT TO US IMMEDIATELY POSITIVE CASES.
- STUDENTS WHO CANNOT BE IN SCHOOL DUE TO COVID WILL REMAIN CONNECTED TO THE DAY’S LESSONS THROUGH REMOTE INSTRUCTION IF THEY ARE WELL ENOUGH TO ATTEND. IF THEY REMAIN IN CLASS THROUGH REMOTE INSTRUCTION, THEY WILL NOT BE MARKED ABSENT. THIS IS POSSIBLE FOR ONLY COVID RELATED CASES.
Thank you for your cooperation which is most important at this time for all of us.
May our Lord bless and watch over all of us.
Mrs. Frances DeLuca
The above is a letter from our superintendent to each of you.
Mrs. Guerrero and Mrs. Smolenski also wish a Blessed Christmas Season and healthy, Happy New Year.
We have had a great year of adjustment and have been blessed with many blessings from Our Lord during the challenges we have faced. However, challenges only prove to strengthen us with His help. May the rest of the year continue to strengthen us in faith and resistance.
December 22 will be our last day of classes. We will resume classes on January 3, 2022. We look forward to continuing our year with success.
Both fifth grade teachers will be following the outline for Christmas celebrations that has been outlined on Mrs. Guerrero’s Google Classroom page. All food must be in our classrooms before the party festivities. Please, only individual portions and no pizza or food to be served as a meal.
We thank you in advance for all your cooperation and generosity.
A small reminder, please check individual teacher classes for homework assignments.
December 16, 2021
Dear Parents and Guardians,
With much prayer and joy of being together again with your children in our academy, we have completed trimester 1 and have started trimester 2 this Monday. We have seen a good adjustment with the children by the end of November. The children have done very well in their report card grades. Where trimester 1, for this year, due to many remote students returning to in-person instruction, was a review and reinforcement of the prior year, trimester 2 brings us to the full emersion into the curriculum for the year. Therefore, continue to encourage your dear children to keep up their hard work.
With Omicron Covid in the rise in the city, and the constant rules changing from the State, I personally thank you for keeping your child at home when they are not well. This is a must for the benefit of your child and other children in the class. Please be vigilant during the holidays to avoid large crowds with the children and get them tested for Covid if they appear ill.
Christmas vacation begins of Wednesday, December 22, 2021, at 3:00 pm. The academy will be closed, Thursday, December 23, 2021 to January 2, 2022. We resume school of Monday, January 3, 2022,
On behalf of Fr. Tom, our pastor, Dr. Mangar, our chairperson, my faculty, staff and myself, I wish you a blessed Christmas and a New Year which will be full of good health, peace, joy, and prosperity.
May our Lord protect and watch over you and your dear families.
With love and prayers,
Mrs. Frances DeLuca
Dear Parents of Fifth Grade students,
REPORT CARD will be sent home through your child on Friday, December 10.
If parents would like to confer with the teacher, please send a note.
SCHEDULE of PARENT CONFERENCES—starting Monday, December 13 at 3 pm. After school, at google meet.
The time will be at 6:30 PM for all family members.
December 1, 2021 there will be a Flying Classroom presentation.
ZOOM LINK: HTTPS://US02WEB.ZOOM.US/J/81021418058
MEETING ID: 810 2141 8058
I have also included the flyer in Google Classroom. Enjoy!
We have a lot of exciting things happening this week.
This week we have been collecting food for a soup kitchen and our parish pantry. This Thanksgiving, many of us are crunching the numbers on our food budgets. The pandemic also added difficulties for many of our fellow NYers budgets. Therefore, I would ask you to give what you can to those in need. I am thankful for so many wonders throughout my life. You and your children are a great part of my thankfulness. Please try to contribute to making someone else thankful as well. A flyer went home with a list of foods. Any non perishable food items will be welcomed. I thank you for your generosity in advance.
On Friday we will also be having a book fair. With Christmas coming up, books make a lovely gift. My fondest memories are of reading to and with my children. So, please consider participating in this event.
Next, but not least is we will also be having a paid dress down day. Your child is invited to partake. If they choose not to, they can wear their uniforms as usual. Please try to refrain from inappropriate wear.
Please check Google classroom for any further announcements and homework.