Good morning boys and girls! I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend!
ZOOM MEETING AT 1:00 P.M. TODAY – LINK AND CODES ARE ON GOOGLE CLASSROOM
Aim: I can explain how, in Baptism, we are freed from sin and born into the family of God through Jesus Christ. I can explain that in celebrating the Ascension, we celebrate God’s everlasting power and glory.
Watch the following video on the meaning of Baptism:
Watch the following video about Ascension Thursday:
- Write and reflect on daily quote with at least one well-written paragraph (minimum 6-8 sentence): “If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place!” – Nora Roberts
- Read pgs. 151-153 and answer the Big Question in one well-written and detailed paragraph: “Why do I long to belong?”
- Read pgs. 297-300 about Ascension Thursday.
Submit these assignments by 3:00 p.m. today, Thursday, 5/21.
Answer the following questions about Ascension Thursday from pgs. 297-300 in complete sentences:
- What quote from the Gospel of Luke described the Ascension of Jesus?
- How does the Catechism of the Catholic Church describe heaven?
- It is equally important to remember that the body of Christ was, and is, a fully human body, but also a ____________________________________.
- What does the Ascension of Jesus signify to his followers?
- What does the Gloria hymn express our recognition of?
- During the Ascension, what three things do we celebrate the power and glory of?
Submit this assignment by 9:30 a.m., Tuesday, 5/26. But, do not submit before 4:00 p.m. today.
ZOOM MEETING AT 9:30 A.M. TODAY – LINK AND CODES ARE ON GOOGLE CLASSROOM
Aim: I can use a formula to find the area of a triangle and a trapezoid and I can find the unknown bases or heights given the area of a triangle or trapezoid.
Watch the following videos and look at the attached review sheets to learn finding the area of triangles and trapezoids:
Read textbook pgs. 284-285
Please submit the following no later than 3:00 p.m. today, Thursday, 5/21:
- Answer the “Try These” Questions on p. 285 #’s 1-7. Show all work or explain in detailed steps how you found your answers.
Complete the following assignments:
- F of A WB p. 319 #’s 1-16 all. Show all work or explain in detailed steps how you found your answers.
Homework due Tuesday, 5/26 by 9:30 a.m. – DO NOT POST BEFORE 4:00 p.m. today. But, you may post early if you choose.