Welcome to Mrs. Mroz’s Computer class page!
Grades K – 8
Our Lady of Perpetual Help CA students are among the tens of millions participating in National Computer Science Week, Dec.3-9.
Anyone can join the Hour of Code. Experience is not necessary and the one-hour tutorials are offered in 45 different languages. So
go ahead and try some coding with your kids at home!
Grades 1 – 3
- We covered the basics, such as parts of a computer/Chromebook, opening and shutting down our computers, and using the Google Chrome browser.
- Next, we will work on practicing typing skills and technique using resources such as Interactive Sites for Education.
Grades 4 – 8
- Students have logged into their school Google accounts using their school credentials. Grade 4 and new students created their school usernames. All students confirmed access to Google Classroom.
- Yearly completion of cyber-bullying and internet safety concepts, and assessment of concept understanding by online Brain-Pop quiz.
- Advanced practice of typing skills and technique using platforms such as typing.com.
***All communication regarding Grades 4 – 8 classwork activity and assignments will from now be posted on Google Classroom***
Grades 4-8: Check on your next assignment on Google Classroom
Grades 1-3: Check on Brain Pop Jr. Username: olphq, Password: brainpop
Grade 1: Brain Pop Jr – Complete the Heart worksheet, and bring it to the next class.
Grades 2 and 3: Brain Pop Jr. – Complete the Heart “Write About It” assignment, print it out, and bring it to your next computer class.
Grades 4- 8: Check posts on Google Classroom