- Finding the Slope of a Line From a Graph
- Classifying the Slope of a Line
- Determining the x and y intercepts by looking at the graph of a line
- Finding the x and y intercepts without graphing given an equation in slope/intercept form
- Changing an equation in standard form to slope/intercept form
- Solving systems of equations by graphing
The above 6 objectives can be studied from the Foundations in Math book -pages 181 to 186, and pages 193 & 194
The second part of the test will include solving systems of equations algebraically.
Substitution as way of solving systems of equations
- Complete Foundations In Algebra book- page 196, # 1 to 16. These problems should be completed and were handed in for a test grade. These problems will be used for testing.
- Progress In Math book- pages 120 & 121 – read and be sure you understand the process required to solve systems of equations using substitution.
- Complete the handout that will be given in solving systems of equations by substitution.
Also included in this test will be writing equations for lines and also graphing linear equations.
The test will be on Thursday and Friday – December 13 and 14
NEW LESSON – WEEK OF DECEMBER 17, 2018
SOLVING SYSTEMS OF EQUATIONS USING THE ELIMINATION METHOD
Practice Coach Plus – p. 132 to 139
Common Core Coach Handout – p 66 & 67
Foundations in Math – p.196, # 17 to 34
Progress In Math p. 124 to 127
Write several paragraphs describing the 3 ways to solve systems of linear equations.