Welcome to Mrs. Martinez’s 8-1 class page!
7th ELA- Define Vocabulary
- Enigmatic 2. Saunter 3. dour
- Insolent 5. Surly 6. reluctance
- Impassive 8. Stoic 9. Respiration
- Exuberance 11. Somber 12. Enervated 13. Facade 14. Stamina 15. Pallied 16. Eroded
- Exasperated 18. Dishearten
19. Uncomprehending 20. Pivots
8th Meet up in classroom at 10:00 and we will walk over together at 10:30.
7th ELA- final is on Wed.
8th ELA- read Act II, Scene 2 and 3 of Anne Frank. Answer the following questions.
Act II, Scene 2
- What are Peter and Anne doing in the beginning of the scene?
- How have Anne’s feelings about her sister changed from Act I?
- How has Anne’s reactions and feelings about her mother changed from Act I? What caused this change?
- How do the other characters feel about Peter and Anne’s new relationship?
Act II, Scene 3
- What is the major conflict in this scene?
- In the beginning of the scene, what characteristics does Mrs. Frank display that she have never showed before?
- What does Mrs. Frank want?
- Why does Peter insist on going with his parents?
- What good news do the residents of the Annex get? How do you feel about Miep’s good news?.
Trip tomorrow. Students need to be in school at 8:00. Bus arrives at 8:15. Make sure you wear your graduation 2019 shirt, which all students have received. Bring a string bag, sunscreen, and bug spray. You will be outdoors. Lunch is provided, but you may bring your own.
7th ELA- Unit 7 review questions for final: pg. 242 B; pg. 243 A; pg. 244 C; pg. 247 A; pg. 248 B; pg. 249 A; pg. 250 C; and pg. 252 B. Final review will be on Monday, so be prepared to go over all questions from Unit 5 and 7. Project is due on Monday with the rubric.
8th- Bring in a #2 pencil with a good eraser for the Science State Exam .
Senior trip on Tuesday.
Complete workbook practice test
P. 386 -400