Welcome to Mrs. Martinez’s 8-1 class page!
Complete Sedimentary and Metamorphic Worksheet- Remember complete it neatly, completely, accurately, legibly, and creatively.
7th ELA- test on Friday on “A Christmas Carol”; study for 3rd column spelling test on Friday; and your reading log is due Dec. 19 Students will be able to read the story from here using this link: Christmas Carol story
8th ELA- test on Friday on “The Gift of the Magi”; study for 3rd column spelling test on Friday; your reading log is due Dec. 19; and your essay which was started in class on Monday is due tomorrow with rubric.
Religion 8-1: test on Monday on the Liturgical Year, Advent, and Christmas chapters.
7th ELA- complete plot diagram; test on Friday for “A Christmas Carol”; study 3rd column of spelling words; reading log due Dec. 19
Plot Diagram events
- Fred invited Uncle Scrooge for Christmas dinner.
- The Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future visit Scrooge.
- Scrooge sees how Bob Cratchit’s family lives.
- Marley visits Scrooge and warns him to change.
- Scrooge sees his grave.
- Scrooge gives Cratchit a raise and makes him a partner.
- Scrooge has changed. He is kind and generous.
- Scrooge buys the biggest turkey for Cratchit’s family.
- Scrooge goes and eats at his nephew’s house.
- London, England 1800’s
- Scrooge doesn’t like the spirit and joy of Christmas.
8th ELA- complete work from class
- What are magi? How does the magi and their significance relate to the meaning of the story?
- What experience in giving can you relate to that makes this short story so famous?
- Explain how Della and Jim are both poor and rich at the same time.
- Do you think that Jim and Della appreciate the gifts they receive, even though they can’t use them? Explain.
- How would the story be different if it were told from Jim’s perspective rather than Della’s? Why might O. Henry have chosen to tell the story from Della’s perspective?
Plot Diagram- identify the events
- Della cuts her hair.
- Della and Jim go window shopping.
- Jim sees Della’s hair cut.
- Jim sells his pocket watch to buy Della the hair combs.
- Della and Jim give each other their gifts.
- Jim doesn’t have enough money to buy a Christmas present for Della
- Early nineteenth century.
- They both love each other and thought of each other. They are magi.
- Della only has $1.87 cents for Jim’s present.
- They put away their Christmas gifts.
- Make great personal sacrifices to buy presents.
- test on Friday on “The Gift of the Magi”; reading log due Dec. 19; and essay due this Thursday; 3rd spelling test on Friday
Religion- get test signed
Complete the Igneous Rock worksheet
Remember to complete your work neatly, accurately, completely, legibly, and creatively.